The Twin-O-Vac suction system may require cleaning. This may be due to incorrect, or lack of, filter usage, or by over-filling. This document will explain the recommended procedures for cleaning.
Please note: Suction hose and filters are single use consumables and should be discarded after such use. Failure to replace partially or fully blocked filters will cause the system to operate inefficiently!
1. Ensure that you are in a clean and traffic free environment.
2. Fit surgical type gloves or equivalent.
3. With filters removed, prepare the unit for normal operation.
4. Ensure the Twin-O-Vac is turned OFF before turning the gas cylinder ON.
5. Prepare approximately 300 mL of cold sterilisation solution, such as ‘Hibitane’ etc.
6. Using the Twin-O-Vac on high suction, suck the solution into the Twin-OVac.
7. Empty this solution and rinse the collection jar with clean water.
8. Using the Twin-O-Vac on high suction, suck the clean water into the Twin-O-Vac.
9. Empty this water and rinse the collection jar with clean water again.
10.Operate Twin-O-Vac on high suction to dry (NB => If in doubt, leave the Twin-O-Vac to dry in an aerated environment).
11.Replace the filters and prepare for normal operation.